In the News
Some of the recent significant results achieved by our firm:
- Joseph Villeneuve tried a case for a plaintiff who suffered a serious eye injury from the negligent use of a paint-ball gun by the defendant, achieving a strong finding on liability and damages.
- Karim Hirani tried a case on behalf of an insured driver involved in an accident with a cyclist, and achieved a strong result on jury’s finding of contributory negligence on the cyclist’s part and on jury’s assessment of alleged damages.
- David Zuber tried a case on behalf of an insured fuel oil delivery company alleged to be responsible for the collapse of an outdoor residential fuel oil tank and resulting leak, with the jury dismissing the plaintiff’s action outright.
- David Zuber tried a case on behalf of an insured fuel oil tank supplier achieving a finding of liability under the Sale of Goods Act and in negligence against the manufacturer of a residential fuel oil tank for insufficient tank thickness and coating in respect of internal corrosion that caused the tank to fail.
- Jonathan Schwartzman tried a case on behalf of an insured fuel oil delivery company alleged to be responsible for a leak in the line from an exterior residential fuel oil tank, achieving a very favourable apportionment of liability and beating the defendant’s offer to settle amount.
- David Zuber successfully obtained summary judgment dismissing a third party claim against individuals involved in an elevator accident.
- Jonathan Schwartzman successfully opposed a summary judgment motion on the issue of alleged lack of consent to operate a motor vehicle at the time of an accident.